Friday, February 15, 2013

Bermuda: The Happy Island


So during these dull, dreary, cold months, I decided I would write a post on some of the sunniest, and warmest places on Earth, starting with Bermuda.
Bermuda was a pretty nice place to be, with the great weather and the nice people, eerily nice people. The island was RIDICULOUSLY small however. It took us only a couple of hours to drive from one side of the island to the other.

The beaches were incredible, particuarly Horeshoe Bay with its infamous pink sands. My sister and I love big waves and these waves were incredible.

There is not much to do in Bermuda, so staying for a long period of time, even 10 days, may become tedious, unless you like sitting in the sun all day, every day.
We also visited Crystal Cave, which was pretty fascinating. I don't know why I find caves and caverns so fascinating but I do. I swear I've been to the crystal caverns up in Tennessee about 30 times.
 
Around our last couple of days, my dad, sister and I decided to go jetskiing. It wasn't my first time going jetskiing but that day on the END of the jetski, I thought I was going to die. The waves were choppy so every jump I would literally be floating in the air for what seemed like ages clinging on to my ridiculously underweight sister, who usually blows away just standing in wind. Other than feelings of impending doom, and my ultimate demise, it was a lot of fun.
So while Bermuda doesn't offer a lot what it does offer is pretty fun and even if you don't like going to caverns or water sports, you can always get sun burnt on their pink beaches.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment