Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Passion that Burns with a Fire: My Hatred of Flying



As a first post I can think of no better topic to write about then my vehement dislike for airplanes. I can't stand the smell, the seats, kicking children and those toilets. I am deathly afraid of those toilets.
Since my first trips, I either  have had to wake up ungodly time in the morning (No one should be up at 5:30, especially not a young Riya) or stay up really late at night to take an overnight flight. To add to the "I hate airplane" list, Newark Airport is one of the most unpleasant places on the planet,especially the Security Checklist. BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE. Then you board the airplane, and while I have plenty of great airplane stories, from kicking Italian boys to crazy grandmothers, I'll save that for another post.


I blame genetics that I have vomited on possibly every long distance trip I have ever taken. Once I vomited all over the man sitting next to me on a bus at Heathrow Airport. It was the lowest point in 10 year old Riya's life( and also probably that man's). To this day I can never eat lasagna without puking my guts out, thanks to a flight to India where I vomited up a crazy amount of Italian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment